Friday 10 May 2013

Rhubarb crumble

It's rhubarb season and I've always loved rhubarb in pies and crumbles.
One of my favorite recipes that I LOVE to serve is rhubarb crumble.
A dessert with a simple buttery crust and rhubarb, barely sugared.
Just a pure rhubarb dessert.
200g rhubarb
75g light soft brown sugar
100g butter
200g plain flour
50g sugar

Preheat the oven to 180C
Peel, chop rhubarb into an ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the sugar over the fruit
For the topping put the butter, flour, and half the sugar into a bowl.
Rub the butter into the flour until you have a coarse breadcrumb like mixture.
Spread the crumble over the top of the rhubarb and press down lightly using your fingers.
Sprinkle over remaining sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden and crisp.

What is your favourite springtime dessert?



2 comments:

  1. WOW......that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks soooo good! I've just gone back and read lots of your posts - you have a great blog and I'm a new follower on bloglovin. Would love it if you check out my blog x

    ReplyDelete